It’s another beautiful (albeit cool) day here on the west coast. I’m a little down in the spirit because a) I have a cold that won’t go away b) we finished watching Jujutsu Kaisen season one c) I’m more or less stagnated in my writing lately.
Well, I’ve discovered a fun tag off from Paperfury’s website that I’m snagging, so as to hoping it will also lift my spirits. 🙂
Let’s jump right into it, shall we?
1. HOW MUCH HAVE YOU READ?
I’m almost at my 100 book mark, so that’s always exciting.
2. WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN READING?
I’ve been keeping track of my reading diet ever since I decided I needed to read a more balanced load (you can read a bit about it in this post), and I’m glad to see I’ve been able to keep it up (sort of). It’s become a bit more lax, but I’m still happy with my current reading life, and that’s what counts. 😉
3. BEST BOOK YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2020
I guess it boils down to these three for now…
4. BEST SEQUEL YOU’VE READ SO FAR IN 2020
Um, obviously Crooked Kingdom and (not a sequel) but Blessed Monsters and my all time favourite by Astrid Lindgren. Seriously, everyone should read Detektive Kalle Blomkvist.
5. NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET, BUT WANT TO
These three. I’ve begun both SL and TCatB, but haven’t finished them yet!! (And their covers are all very gorgeous!!)
6. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE FOR THE SECOND HALF OF THE YEAR
I’m not really good at keeping up with new releases, but from what I’ve seen, I’m excited for them! (Wait, a few of them are already released…oh well. I did say I’m not good with dates.)
7. OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE
Right, out of my comfort zone… Joyce’s Ulysses by far gets the prize (and it was another whopping 1,000 page long tome), a collection of essays (which I’m enjoying lieu slow progress) and a short story collection by Anthony Doerr (whose style I adore profusely).
8. BIGGEST SURPRISE
These two. I mean, you can read my review on the Ninth House on Goodreads if you’re interested, but it was just so hard to get into NH until everything I could think of was that. And I usually don’t read horror stories, but I thoroughly enjoyed this one. 😉
9. NEW FAVOURITE AUTHOR (DEBUT OR NEW TO YOU)
I’m currently raving (and still kind of hung over) from these authors. Seriously, everyone should read Democracy in America, even if they’re not American.
10. UNDERRATED GEMS YOU’VE DISCOVERED RECENTLY
It’s kind of summed up here…Badon is a manga, but it reads like a literary fiction, and DO I NEED TO MENTION THE SONG OF ROLAND AGAIN OR ARE WE AGREED THAT YOU SHOULD BE READING IT NOW???
11. REREADS THIS YEAR
Also, just finished reading Fangirl for the nth time again. #comfortread
12. BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY
I think I cried WAAAY more than I usually do when I read, which is kind of funny when I consider it, or maybe I hadn’t met the kind of books that makes me cry until this year.
13. BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY
I mean, I love these books from the cover to the story itself to just everything. Looking at them makes me smile.
14. MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU’VE BOUGHT SO FAR THIS YEAR (OR RECEIVED)
Definitely these books.
15. GOALS FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR
- Don’t think too much about the amount of books read (or unread). Keep my focus on the quality of books! (That being said, my goal is still 120 books.)
- Continue reading books I love and tougher books. Esp. with my uni syllabus, I’m thinking I’ll get to meet books I otherwise won’t meet.
- Have fun with my reading life. I get too intense with everything I do…
- Get back on bookstagramme around the beginning of August. Find a more sustainable rhythm to it.
- Support my local bookstore when I buy books.
And that’s about it!
Thank you for reading! How about you? What are some of the books you’ve met this year? Books you’re excited meeting for the first time? Let me know in the comments below; I’d love to chat with you!