Happy Canada Day!
I kind of miss the parade, and it’s grey again, but we’ll still make most of the day left. Today I have a somewhat important announcement to make, and I get to share a fun tag!
For starters, I’ll be taking a break on the Wednesday posts for this month. This doesn’t mean I would discontinue the Wednesday posts in the future, but as I was “trying it out”, I’ll need to rethink some of my blogging ethics.
Specifically, this past month was really hard for me emotionally and I would be away for July on a much needed little trip, so I will not do blog posts on Wednesday.
Rest assured, I will be blogging on my usual Saturdays.
Behind the Blogger Tag
- Thank the person who nominated you. Thank you, Emma!
- Answer the questions.
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn of Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers to do the tag.
- Why did you start blogging, and why have you kept blogging?
I began blogging to build an author platform. You can find a more detailed answer to this question here.
- What is your favourite type of blog post to write?
Uhh, let’s see…I’ll have to say my Afternoon tea with SJ series. I started this series in February, and I always look forward to finishing the end of the month!
- What are your top three favourite blog posts?
Only three? Well, I’ve already mentioned how much I like the Afternoon tea series, so my top three picks would be:
- 4 Stages of My Writing Life (and What that Means for You)
- The Quarantined Characters Tag
- Stalking Authors series
- What are some of your favourite things to do to relax?
Like most people in this blogverse, I like to read snuggled up in blankets with cups after cups of hot chocolate or maple Earl Grey tea. I love listening to classical music, Vocaloid, and lo-fi or soundtracks. I also play viola or piano (mostly piano) where I try to battle crazy classical pieces and lose more often than not. I also love to draw in a typical Japanese style. In fact, I’ve been binge-watching Japanese movies as of late.
- What are three of your favourite things?
Books and all things books, aesthetics, ramen. (No ramen, no life!)
- What are your proudest blogging moments?
Hmm. I think the time when I redesigned my blog and researched tons of blog branding and the time I reached my first milestone of 50 followers.
- What are your hobbies outside of blogging?
I take long walks to nowhere in particular, draw, and play music. If studying for no apparent reason counts, that would also be my hobby. I also like memorizing random facts in songs (The Periodic Table Song, American Presidents, Timelines, etc.) I know, I fall right into the crazy homeschooler trope. Just take it into account that I’m also Asian.
- Describe your personality in three words.
Serious, diligent, kind. (Fun fact: My slogan when I was like six was “kind and cute”. We all cringe at our adolescent selves.)
- What are your top three pet peeves?
- Rudeness (I grew up in a perpetually polite culture of Japan and semi-nice Canada. I cannot tolerate rudeness.)
- Modernity for the sake of modernity (Antiquity is not to be abolished so easily. I mean, you’d have to eliminate old-fashioned people like me to do so, in which case reminds me of a dystopian novel.)
- When people have to tie romance into everything (Can we simply be friends for the time being? Friendships are also a wonderful form of love!)
- I just thought of something rather particular, but something I do find annoying natheless: Autocorrect into American English. (Truly problematic as a Canadian person who mainly writes in British English, and even more so when you want to write Latin phrases.)
- What’s something your followers don’t know about you?
I may or may have not mentioned this in the earlier stages of my blogging, but I wanted to become a neuroscientist. I’m still sort of thinking about it!
What made you decide to start a blog? What are some of your favourite things? Do you have pet peeves? Let me know in the comments below; I’d love to chat with you!